Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fashion Marketing Student



When i was in high school i took a Apparel Design class and fell inlove with it. I knew right there and then that the fashion industry was for me! I had a great teacher named Mrs. Parrish who was the sweetest lady you could ever meet. She taught me everything i know about sewing and putting garments together. And to this day i thank her so much...because she was right... this is for me.

I love being a fashion marketing student. I love all the classes, the good ones and the bad. Every class is an experience in itself, it just shows you another side of the fashion industry. One of my favorite things about being a fashion student, is all the opportunities we are offered. One of the most exciting events we got to participate in was a fashion show at Belk that was put on for Tim Gunn. Who by the way, is one of the sweetest people i have ever met!
There really isnt a bad side or an ugly side of being a fashion student. The worst is probably having to do a group project that other people dont want to do and then your stuck doing the whole thing by yourself. But really thats not even a bad thing, becasue you just prove to yourself that you dont need other people to help you in your life, it would be nice sometimes, but all in all you can stand on your own two feet!
I absolutely cant wait to finish school and get out into the fashion industry. Its a whole world in itself that is fast pace, sometimes grueling, but in the end you cant help what you love and the fashion industry is deffinately a love hate relationship.

No comments: